Tuesday 18 November 2008

No. 7.: Tea















What could deserve the 7th place better than tea? This hot piece of Paradise? This... good... thing. Well, tea is good, we all know that. It has some caffeine in itself, so it prevents you from falling asleep... as long as you're drinking it.

Drinking tea has a big cultural background in some countries like India or England. Some drink it with milk, some without sugar, some like it hot ( :) ), some doesn't like it at all. There's tea in almost every colour on Earth, white, green, black and so on, and of course there are the teas which are made of fruits... Every kinds of fruits.

Also tea is a marker of social background. Drinking tea in tea-houses means something, like 'I'm a businessman, I play seriously.'. And, tea on the other hand is a symbol of softness and 'good things' (while coffee is something like 'bad things'), so taking someone to a tea-house on a meeting or a date is always expressing something.

But if there were a fight between coffee and tea, who would win? I really don't know. If I were the judge I would call it even.



Tea 'The Leafy Monster' VS. Coffee 'BadBeans'
(A small part of the broadcast on the match.)


Commentator I.: It's the first round and as I see the power of the two competitors is even. Now! There Coffee tried to use some of his caffeine...
Commentator II.: Yes, we know that he has a really good caffeine power, but it exhausts really early...
CI.: ...yes, that's the problem...
CII.: While there's nothing interesting in the ring, I'd like to tell our listeners some info about the two guys. Tea 'The Leafy Monster' is one of the oldest competitors in the history of this sport, I don't really know how old he is now...
CI.: I neither...
CII.: Whatever, he's very old. And also he has lots of World Championship victories until... I think about...
CI.: ... the year of 1500, maybe?
CII.: Yes, I think you're right. Now that's the time when Coffee 'BadBeans' came to the scene and tried to take away the triumph...
CI.: There Tea tries to use his good breath on Coffee, and did you see?
CII.: Yes! Coffe is a bit dizzy... that was a nice one. It won't be a walkover. I think the judges liked that too.
CI.: I'm sure of that!
CII.: Well, so since 1500 they're fighting for the favour of drinkers.
CI.: That's right. Now, a bit of commercial break but then we'll come back with the fight!

...And the fight is even as I said,so it doesn't worth watching...

What's your favourite? Stay awake for the 6th!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    I'm really fond of tea :) When I was kid I drank like 2 cups a day, because my mom made about a liter every single morning.
    Well, once I was taken to the tea-house in Pécs, but didn't know it had an extra "message" :) I think that place is so special, its atmosphere is just incredible. Soothing music, sweet smell, nice colors... I loved it.

    Go Tea!

    ReplyDelete