Tuesday 25 November 2008

No. 5.: Arts

Anyone who knows me well knows that with a good painting or novel or nearly anything that's decorative or has a value of beauty, I am swept off my feet... Beautiful things buy me. And vice-versa. I buy them too. I think everyone likes beautiful things, or beauty itself. Who doesn't, well, that person needs to see a doctor. Not because the doctor is beautiful. Of course it can be possible, I didn't say that doctors are ugly, did I? No, sure I didn't.

I love buildings. I always wanted to be an architect. Ok, not always, but I started to feel that way around the time I started the university... Not just because it sounds nice. ('Krisztián Ömböli, architect'.) But because that's a type of art where you can make things which will (if you're good in it) stand for decades. Literally you can 'make something big' and not the world's biggest hot-dog...

I love novels, short stories, poems, and anything connected with literature. I also like fictions and novels based on the truth, I like the way the writer expresses his (or her, of course) own feelings, thoughts through someone else (the protagonist). I also like writing. There was a time when I wanted to be a writer. (It was about 4 months ago...)

Painting is a really good thing. Are you curious why I can't be a painter, or an architect? I can't draw. That's the unfortunate truth... But it doesn't matter, because I can't write either, yet I try to. So maybe I'll be an architect sometimes. Or I'll write the word 'architect' so many times that my name will be put in the World Guinness Records book maybe... in... 2067... If there will still be one. The only thing that matters is that arts are good. Arts are... arty...

Maybe I could start with some inventions... like... inventing a toothbrush with built-in mobile phone. That'd be handy. 'Ya' 's 'fhat?' Maybe Leonardo Da Vinci begun his career as an inventor and then started painting... who knows? Maybe inventing handy and clever things (like cellular toothbrush... cellbrush!) improves one's painting skills? I could imagine that! But... Arts are good!

Homework for next year: visit as much exhibitions as you can! Maybe we'll meet somewhere.
No. 4. Is on its way!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still wondering why you've chosen the Faculty of Humanities instead of the Faculty of Arts...
    Anyway, it's a great opportunity that we can express ourselves through arts. I think everyone can find their very own field (or fields in many cases) in the world of arts.

    ReplyDelete